“The only way love can last a
lifetime is if it’s unconditional.
The truth is this: love is not
determined by the one being
loved but rather by the one
choosing to love-
Over the weeks, I still have not recovered from this book by Francine Rivers titled “BRIDGE TO HAVEN”.
I love everything about this book from the introduction to the epilogue, this isn’t my first time of reading her books but this one really got my attention. So i did a little review on this book and i tried as much not to give too much info, so y’all can go and grab your own copy lol *sticks tongue out*. So here we go:
1) Abra: The major character, describes alot of us…Ambitious, stubborn, feeling unwanted, and proud.
2) Pastor Zeke: God, ever loving, always ready to forgive us.
3) Joshua: Jesus Christ, always interceding on our behalf, never stops hoping we come to know the Lord, just like God he’s always willing to take us back.
4) Dylan: The devil, always cunny, a deceiver, steals us away from the love of God (John 10:10), ensures we do not go back to our first love, keeps us in bondage and kills our soul when he’s done with us.
5) Franklin: Devil’s agent, always ready to help achieve what the devil couldn’t achieve through us, leads us to do the wrong things that we would regret later in life.
This is not all the characters though but they are the major ones, i would like to place emphasis on. This book reminded me of the Prodigal son (Luke 15), Francine Rivers modified the characters in such a way that intrigued me and also annoyed me, I kept reading the book and shouting as well lol, don’t blame me,when you read the book you’ll understand. But one thing generally i wanted to point out is that temptations would always come, even Jesus was tempted but he gave us a solution in Luke 11:4 (check it!)
This is a book i would reccomend for anyone who thinks God doesn’t love them or feels God does not answer prayers.
As for the other two books, I’ll also reccomend them as well, although i just started reading the Changed man but Joyce Meyer’s Knowing God is also a great book.
So this brings me to the end of my book review (first time I’m doing this) ,hope i was able to convince you to get a copy for yourself? I’ll like to know if any of you I’ve read any of this books before and please share the lessons also, just leave a comment below.
Happy New month, i pray June would be good to us all xx
“I pray that you will understand
the words of Jesus, “Love one
another as I have loved you.”
“Ask yourself “How has he loved
me? Do I really love others in
the same way?” Unless this love
is among us, we can kill
ourselves with work and it will
only be work, not love. Work
without love is slavery-